Make bigger purchases more manageable with a Personal Loan at 3.3% APR representative. Apply via the App or Online Banking and you could get the money in minutes.
Calculate your repayments
A Personal Loan in minutes
- personal loans from £1,000 to £50,000 repayable between 1 and 7 years
- decision in minutes and immediate access to your money if you're applying on your own* through online banking or in our App
- flexibility to overpay, which may reduce the amount of interest you pay
- low rate of 3.3% APR representative for loans between £7,000 and £30,000
for loans between £7,000 and £30,000.
If you borrow £7,000, over 60 monthly repayments of £126.68, at an interest rate of 3.3% p.a (fixed), with a representative 3.3% APR, the total amount you'll repay is £7,601.09.
How to apply for a Personal Loan
Log on to our App or Online Banking and go to 'Products'.
Or, you can call us on:
New to first direct
This product is only available to first direct Current Account customers (you're more than welcome to join us...)
Before you apply
As you'd expect, credit is subject to status. The rate you'll receive depends on your individual circumstances, credit checks and an assessment of your financial situation. The maximum APR you could be offered is 21.9% APR.
You'll find more information in the Everything you should know tab on this page, and our postal address on our Contact us page. Please also read our Important Notes about our loans and Interest Rates and Charges (PDF) before you apply. Terms and Conditions apply.
*Please call us on 03 456 100 199** for joint applications or if there are any changes in your circumstances coming up - like an increase in outgoings or reduction in disposable income - that could affect your ability to repay what you have borrowed over the whole term.
**Our Personal Loans Team is available from 8am to 10pm, seven days a week.
Who can apply?
All we ask is that you can say yes to everything below:
- You’re 18 or over
- You are a UK resident and live permanently in the UK
- You have an annual income/pension before tax of £10,000 or more
- You haven’t been declared bankrupt or registered for an Individual Voluntary Agreement in the last 6 years (or in the process of doing so.)