If you’re struggling to make your life insurance monthly premiums due to coronavirus, we may be able to help you stay protected. Please visit our financial support page to find out more.
Protect their future with first direct Life Insurance
We know it's not the cheeriest thing to think about. But it's important and if anything happens to you, you'll want to know your family are taken care of. We insure our cars, homes, pets and even mobile phones as a matter of course, so it's worth thinking about insuring yourself too.
first direct Life Insurance is provided by HSBC Life (UK) Limited.
- online application with only three medical questions
- cover up to £2 million
- lump sum pay-out after death or terminal illness diagnosis
- choose either level or decreasing cover
- you must be a named first direct 1st Account holder or, hold or be in the process of arranging a first direct mortgage to take out a policy.
Important things you should know
- the policy pays out a lump sum benefit upon death or diagnosis of a terminal illness expected to lead to death within 24 months or the remaining term of the policy, whichever comes later
- we won't pay a claim if you die as a result of intentionally taking your own life within the first 12 months of your policy
- the policy has no cash-in value and you don't get anything back when it ends
- if you stop paying your premiums, your cover will end
- After your policy has been issued, you can decrease the amount of cover but you can't increase it.
Get a quote in less than a minute
Not covered yet?
Existing policy holders
You'll find full details in your policy document [PDF], but if you want to speak to us you can give us a call: