We’ve all been there. When you can’t find your card and you start to worry about where it might be. Then you order a new card to keep your money safe and the old one miraculously turns up. You can freeze and unfreeze your card using your App to temporarily block card payments (while you retrace your steps and check down the back of the sofa). When it turns up, just unfreeze it and you’re good to go.
Here’s what freezing your card will stop:
- cash withdrawals
- contactless payments
- online and in-store shopping
- digital wallet payments, such as Apple Pay or Google Pay
- continuous or recurring card authorisations (Netflix or Apple Music).
Freezing your card will not stop:
- Direct Debits and standing orders.
To freeze your card follow these simple steps:
- Log into our App using Touch/Face ID or your Digital Secure Key
- Select ‘Cards’ from the menu
- Choose the card you’re wanting to freeze
- Select the ‘Freeze card’ button
- You’ll get a pop up to confirm you want to stop all transactions on your card
- Select ‘Freeze card’ and your card will then be frozen.
The same journey can then be taken to unfreeze your card.