first direct Stocks and Shares ISA
Simple tax-efficient investments
A Stocks and Shares ISA works in much the same way as regular Sharedealing, but you can use your annual ISA allowance of £15,240 to reduce the amount of tax you pay.
- no registration fee or any additional management charges
- online trading fees are only £10.50 for the first nine trades each calendar quarter, then just £7.95 after that
- you select which eligible stocks and shares you want in your ISA
- shares listed on the Alternative Investment Market (AIM) are also available for trading in our first direct Stocks and Shares ISA
- transfer your existing cash ISAs and Stocks and Shares ISAs to us (be aware that this can take up to six weeks)
- trade online or over the phone.
Don't forget, we - and all Stocks and Shares ISA providers - have to send ISA subscription details to HMRC so they can make sure no one goes over their limit.
Please see our full details of all our Sharedealing rates and charges here opens in a new window.
The value of investments (and any income received from them) can fall as well as rise, and you may not get back some or all of what you invested. For some investments exchange rate fluctuations will have greater impact to the value of shares depending on their level of exposure to overseas markets.
Any investment should be considered as a medium to long-term investment - so should be held for at least five years.
Early withdrawals on fixed term products could mean you may get back significantly less than you paid in.
The value of the tax benefits depends on your individual circumstances - and tax rules may change at any time in the future.
The information on this site definitely isn't advice - we don't give financial advice. If you need any, you should speak to an independent qualified financial advisor.
If you apply direct, without first receiving advice, you should understand that we are not required to assess the suitability of funds for you. So, you won't be protected by the FCA's rules on assessing suitability, if you have any doubts about any investments, please speak to an independent qualified financial advisor.
You may also like
Would a Cash ISA be better for you?
Sharedealing not your thing? Use your ISA allowance for easy tax-free savings.
What you can trade in
Find out what stocks and shares you can put into your first direct Stocks & Shares ISA.